1. What’s your name? Martin Barras
2. In the light painting world what’s the name you go by? Mart Barras
3. What do you do in your life? I work for an engineering company based in Brighton, UK.
4. How long have you been practicing the art of light painting? About a year now.
6. Who or what inspires you? Friends and people I follow on Flickr, as well as music inspires me, also locations too, sometime you just find a place and the ideas come flooding.
7. White or colored lights? Coloured all the way for me, I love neon and bright things so coloured lights always 😉
8. Do you take your own shots or you have somebody to help you? Predominatly I shoot on my own but I do shot with friends sometimes, its nice to have some company 🙂 and I rope the occasional friend into being the subject of my shots if I’m lucky.
9. What does light painting mean to you? Light painting means fun, inspiration, magic, and the realisation that all things are probably possible with some planning and time. 😉
10. Which is the easiest aspect of light painting? Easiest…getting to a location, worst…finding you’ve left your camera’s batteries at home.
11. According to you, what’s fundamental having or doing in order to obtain good shots/pictures? A good lens, preferably manual will help, a good location (with some interest in the scene), and an idea.
12. Is this practice a source of happiness and satisfaction? Yes I love it. I think its got to be one of the most exciting and fun aspects of photography.
13. What would you like to do in the future? Travel more and improve my photography.
14. What advice would you give to the young people who want to start being light painters? Just get out and play around….and try things out,theres no real right or wrong way, and it really doesn’t take a lot of money to build or buy a cheap light tool..and you’ll soon be creating amazing shots.
15. Do you want to say a goodbye for us? Goodbye 😉 and thank you for showing interest in my work.
Interview by Valeria Ricci